For verification purposes, accounts can only be created between 9am and 5pm Monday - Friday
For security and confidentiality purposes, WasteSupport is only accessible for use by licensed waste carriers/brokers/dealers, permitted waste operators and local authorities. By registering to use WasteSupport, you are confirming that you meet these criteria.
When you sign up, your account will be temporarily disabled until your details have been verified. Once this is complete, we will inform you that your account has been activated and you will be able to list products and services that you require or are able to offer and communicate with other users of WasteSupport.
We are expecting a large number of sign-ups within the first few days of launching. This could mean slightly longer verification times.
To help you get the most out of the platform, additional information is available on the site:
- General information: About WasteSupport
- How it works: Guide to creating a listing
- Procurement Guidance to support effective resource sharing
Any organisations that do not meet the above criteria will not be allowed access. If you have resources that you wish to share with local authorities and do not meet the above criteria, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This platform is not compatible with Internet
Explorer. We recommend using Google Chrome for the best possible experience.
The term Website refers to the WasteSupport website. The terms "CIWM", "Chartered Institution of Wastes Management", or "CIWM Enterprises Limited" or "us" or "we" refers to the manager of the Website whose registered office is CIWM, Quadra, 500 Pavilion Drive, Northampton Business Park, Northampton, NN4 7YJ. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of the Website. Users refers to individuals registered on the site. Listings refers to the items advertised on the Website by Users.
WasteSupport is provided to allow organisations in the waste sector to share information regarding equipment, products and services and other goods which either they need or can offer for other organisations to use. Use of the website is limited to organisations who meet the following criteria –
- UK local authority with .gov email address
- UK Registered or permitted waste carrier with appropriate certificates/licences
- UK Registered or permitted waste operator with appropriate certificates/licences
- Partner organisations in developing and operating WasteSupport
- The content of the pages of the Website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on the Website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Use of the website will be limited to Users who represent organisations which CIWM and its partners feel are appropriate given the purpose of the site and who meet the criteria listed above. CIWM reserves the right to refuse use of the Website to anyone who it feels does not meet the criteria. CIWM reserves the right to remove, suspend or delete the account of any user, for any reason, at any time.
- Users are permitted to add content to the Website for other users to read and to have one to one online communication. All such activities must be done in compliance with relevant law and regulation, relevant and in the spirit of the website purpose and no material which could be deemed offensive is permitted. CIWM have the right to edit, remove or delete any content or Users, for any reason, at any time.
use of any information, services or materials on the Website is entirely
at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own
i. ensure that any products, services or information available through the Website meet your specific requirements.
ii. determine when to provide your personal details in discussions with other Users on the Website, including when to include your personal details in Listings on the site.
iii. ensure you have the relevant permissions to use any images on the site including, but not limited to, company logos and copyrighted images. Where using trademarked images, it is your responsibility to seek permission before using them and to indicate their ownership appropriately.
iv. ensure listings are accurate and do not misreprent you, your company or the products or services listed.
- Users must not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or use any robot, spider or other automatic device, or a manual process, to collect or harvest information about users.
- CIWM accepts no responsibility for what content users add to the Website or any action that takes place between users, as a result of using the Website, either during or after using the Website. Any such action is wholly the responsibility of the users.
- There are no fees for using the Website and CIWM takes no commission or fees of any kind related to any sales or trades that take place by Users of the Website.
- The Website content is owned by or licensed to CIWM. This content includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited.
- All trademarks reproduced in the Website, which are not the property of, or licensed to CIWM, are acknowledged on the website.
- The Website may include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of any linked website(s).
- The Website platform is owned by Sharetribe and Users agree not to use the Website in any way that may endanger the provision of the platform to other parties.
- Unauthorised use of the Website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- CIWM and the platform provider will aim to provide a 24/7 service but assumes no liability as regards any downtime of the Service.
These terms and conditions may be updated at any time any you should check back regularly to ensure you are aware of and complying with any updates.
These terms, your use of the Website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Version 9 April 2020
The Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) is committed to protecting your personal information. We want to maintain the trust and confidence of every one who use our products and services including our websites.
CIWM website which provides further details on how CIWM manage and protect your
data. It also provides full details of CIWM as the data controller for the
- Users – End users of the WasteSupport website
- Service – Access to and use of the WasteSupport website including ability to list items on WasteSupport and to contact users about those listings
- Service provider – CIWM
- Platform provider – Sharetribe
Who provides WasteSupport?
How are your personal details used?
We only collect the information that is necessary to provide the Service. The data we collect is listed below. This data is only used to provide the service and is not used for any other purpose.
Collection of some of this data is mandatory for us to deliver the service. Mandatory data is clearly marked on the WasteSupport website. If you do not wish to provide the mandatory data you will not be able to use the Service.
We may collect other information about your visit to our sites, including information on your listings, your IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. We may use this information to provide tailored information about the Service to you.
We do not store any financial information, including debit/credit card details, on our website.
In providing this service we use a third party data processor; Sharetribe. Sharetribe may use servers outside of the EU. When they do so your data is protected under separate agreements with similar protections to the GDPR provisions.
System usage information is also collected using
cookies. The usage information is not connected to the personal information you
be found at ciwm.co.uk/privacy.
What data do we collect?
The personal information we collect, or you give us, may include (but not limited to):
- Personal details: Name, email address, phone number, postal address
- Account details: username, password (stored in encrypted format)
- The description text that you may write about yourself
- Statistical data about service usage, e.g. the number times you have logged in
- Messages sent and received through the contact form on the website are only visible to the recipient, sender, WasteSupport administrators and the software developer
In providing the Service we may also choose to record your details in our customer database IMIS (hosted by our third-party service provider ‘iFINITY’) for processing your requests and for possible follow-ups to better serve you.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is your consent and/or any other applicable legal basis, such as our legitimate interest in engaging in commerce and offering products and services of value to you; where such processing is necessary to perform our contract with you or to take steps before entering into our contract with you; and/or where such processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our contractual agreements
Sharing of the information
We may disclose aggregate statistics about use of WasteSupport to our partners and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, however these statistics won’t include any personally identifying information.
Correcting your information and withdrawing consent
Your data will only be retained for the life of this Service. If you wish to correct your information or withdraw your consent for its use, then you have the right to do this at any time.
You can change your information through the system or by contacting us by phone, email or mail.
You can delete your account through the system and this will prevent further visibility and communications, including system notifications. However, if you require us to permanently delete all the personal data associated with your account then please contact us by phone, email or mail to request this.
Who is responsible for my personal data on WasteSupport
The data controller is:
Full details at ciwm.co.uk/privacy.
The data processor is:
How to complain
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).