The term Website refers to the WasteSupport website. The terms "CIWM", "Chartered Institution of Wastes Management", or "CIWM Enterprises Limited" or "us" or "we" refers to the manager of the Website whose registered office is CIWM, Quadra, 500 Pavilion Drive, Northampton Business Park, Northampton, NN4 7YJ. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of the Website. Users refers to individuals registered on the site. Listings refers to the items advertised on the Website by Users.
WasteSupport is provided to allow organisations in the waste sector to share information regarding equipment, products and services and other goods which either they need or can offer for other organisations to use. Use of the website is limited to organisations who meet the following criteria –
- UK local authority with .gov email address
- UK Registered or permitted waste carrier with appropriate certificates/licences
- UK Registered or permitted waste operator with appropriate certificates/licences
- Partner organisations in developing and operating WasteSupport
- The content of the pages of the Website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on the Website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Use of the website will be limited to Users who represent organisations which CIWM and its partners feel are appropriate given the purpose of the site and who meet the criteria listed above. CIWM reserves the right to refuse use of the Website to anyone who it feels does not meet the criteria. CIWM reserves the right to remove, suspend or delete the account of any user, for any reason, at any time.
- Users are permitted to add content to the Website for other users to read and to have one to one online communication. All such activities must be done in compliance with relevant law and regulation, relevant and in the spirit of the website purpose and no material which could be deemed offensive is permitted. CIWM have the right to edit, remove or delete any content or Users, for any reason, at any time.
use of any information, services or materials on the Website is entirely
at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own
i. ensure that any products, services or information available through the Website meet your specific requirements.
ii. determine when to provide your personal details in discussions with other Users on the Website, including when to include your personal details in Listings on the site.
iii. ensure you have the relevant permissions to use any images on the site including, but not limited to, company logos and copyrighted images. Where using trademarked images, it is your responsibility to seek permission before using them and to indicate their ownership appropriately.
iv. ensure listings are accurate and do not misreprent you, your company or the products or services listed.
- Users must not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or use any robot, spider or other automatic device, or a manual process, to collect or harvest information about users.
- CIWM accepts no responsibility for what content users add to the Website or any action that takes place between users, as a result of using the Website, either during or after using the Website. Any such action is wholly the responsibility of the users.
- There are no fees for using the Website and CIWM takes no commission or fees of any kind related to any sales or trades that take place by Users of the Website.
- The Website content is owned by or licensed to CIWM. This content includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited.
- All trademarks reproduced in the Website, which are not the property of, or licensed to CIWM, are acknowledged on the website.
- The Website may include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of any linked website(s).
- The Website platform is owned by Sharetribe and Users agree not to use the Website in any way that may endanger the provision of the platform to other parties.
- Unauthorised use of the Website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- CIWM and the platform provider will aim to provide a 24/7 service but assumes no liability as regards any downtime of the Service.
These terms and conditions may be updated at any time any you should check back regularly to ensure you are aware of and complying with any updates.
These terms, your use of the Website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Version 9 April 2020